Bring Your Own Container (B.Y.O.C.)
- We encourage you to bring (and take home) your own dishwasher friendly container from home for popcorn and soda. For $2.50 we will fill them up to the equivalent of our large.
- We have always and will alway use real butter for popcorn topping and we put some in halfway through, you don’t even need to ask.
- We considered a senior’s discount, but felt that was focusing discrimination. So we decided we’d spread the discrimination around to different people every week. Each week we change the definition of who is special enough to get in for a discounted $5 admission. Check the homepage, or our email each week to see if you are or can be ‘special.’
Chance to Win
- Everybody like to win things. At the clova if you are a kid coming to a matinee we give you a opportuinity to win a door prize. If we are out of doors that day we will give you some candy. For adults we offer 18 chances a year to win a one year pass for 2.
Prepay and Save
- If you like to visit us regularly. You can save money by purchasing one our ‘Prepay and Save’ passes. For matinees we offer our ‘Matty Six Pack’ for $20. It is good for combination of matinee admission and / or kid’s combos. For evening shows we have our ‘What You Want’ pass for $40. It is good for 7 evening admissions.
- We pay enough taxes so many groups out there are underfunded and we are here to help you. Click here for more information.
- Many people come to the movies on their birthday and we always welcome them. If you want a private party we would be honoured to host your special day. Click here for more information.
- We have been doing this since 1998. On the third Tuesday of each month we host a 1:15 pm show for senior homes in the area. Contact Doris at 604-576-1997 if you want more information on this.
- Every year we have many customer appreciation shows, and an occasional presentation. If this interests you, click here for more information.
- We are working towards doing more of these in the future. We have hosted several in the past and are working to make our stage better suited to live performances.
- We have hosted 3 weddings, a celebration of life, a Christmas choir, the Harlem Shake many movie productions. This is an owner operated theatre so talk to Craig if you have an idea.
- We have a history of Clova dogs. Sheena was a fixture here at matinees for many years, she passed in 2007. Cupcake is filling in admirably as our matinee hostess. Craig (the owner) has added Bella and Lucy to the Clovamily. They’re cuteness can be seen every Friday night or Saturday matinee.
- On our busy nights Doris will come down before the show, tell you whats what and finish with a joke. Craig and some of the Clova people will do this from time to time if time permits, especially if there is a request.